•Certified Organic •Fruit •Root crops •Specialty/niche crops •Ethnic crops •Other items you grow
1. Get your Good Agricultural Practices (G.A.P.s) certification.
*EVG/Western NY Food Hub and Cornell Cooperative Extension will help you with this.
2. Learn packing standards accepted by the produce markets.
* EVG/We stern NY Food Hub and Cornell Cooperative Extension will help you with this.
3. Have Good communication with EVG/Western NY Food Hub on availabilities and quantities.
4. Ensure timely delivery of product to EVG/Western NY Food Hub based on orders and needs.
5. Carry $2 million liability insurance coverage.
Eden Valley Growers can supply farms participating in the WNY Food Hub with a variety of farm and growing materials and supplies at favorable costs given the large volume of items purchased by Eden Valley.
The following materials are available:
• Peat Moss and Growing Mixes–BM series of BERGER Mixes
• Masterblend International Water Soluble Fertilizer Solutions
• Plastic Mulch–Clear, Black, White; various lengths
• Compostables–Green Thermal, Black Q-Film, Black SOLAFILM, Clear Maze, Black/Silver
• Containers–Test stock, bins, Broccoli boxes/bins, Cabbage boxes/bins, Corn boxes/bags, Cuke boxes, Display paks, Kale boxes, Lettuce boxes/bushels, Pepper/Tomato/Grape Tomato boxes, Clamshells, Geranium trays
• Additional products available upon request
Eden Valley Growers/Western NY Food Hub Contact:
David Walczak or 716.992.9721
Cornell Cooperative Extension Contact:
Cheryl Thayer or 607-592-9507